Friday, March 02, 2007

Good Questions

My friend, Lori, sent me a blog with some great questions/statements on it which got me thinking about the importance of questions and phrases… how good ones can help me discern quickly if I’m going in the right ‘direction’ or not… here is a sampling of some of my more recent favorite ones…

Sometimes the difference between where you are and where God wants you to be is the pain you are unwilling to endure to get there. What pain have you been avoiding? Craig Groeschel

It’s not so much “What is God’s will for my life?” but rather, “What is God’s will? Now how can I accomplish it?”

By age 40, everyone deserves the face they have. Oscar Wilde

Faith is watching the guy with a wheel barrow walk on the tight rope over The Niagara Falls and believing he can make it. Trust is believing he can do it… with you in the wheel barrow.

Everyone wants to change humanity. Nobody wants to change himself. Leo Tolstoy

If two people never argue… is one of them not needed?

You’re proud of what you’ve given… but does it hide what you withhold?

To really follow Jesus, you have to learn to be comfortable in a perpetual state of discomfort. Craig Groeschel

And speaking of questions…
Be prepared to meet the one who knows how to ask questions. T.S. Elliot

No comments: