Monday, January 07, 2008

Denouement

I like the French word, Denouement. Not only is it fun to say (day-nu-mah... think Inspector Clouse) but it also has a cool meaning. It's an untying of knots or a resolution. It was the word of the day on June 10, 2001 in case you were wondering and it’s my word for the moment as I am currently experiencing it. I don’t really expect a complete resolution though. So, I’m living in the midst of the untying. Waiting for everything to make sense can be dangerous. Waiting is good. But sometimes, especially in Christian circles, it is overrated. So, I’m moving ahead. If denouement was always reality then faith would be obsolete.

“Now we see in part then we will have complete denouement.”

(Words I don’t like include the word, "paradisaical". I heard someone recently say, “The island was paradisaical.” Wow. That’s just too much. I think I’ll stick with, “The island is like paradise.”)

No comments: