Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Colorado



(my wife and children in rocky mountain national park)
Some of my extended family met up together in Estes Park, Co this last week. Growing up, this is the place where my parents brought us each summer to hike and enjoy the beauty of the mountains. It never ceases to amaze me to observe Rocky Mountain National Park. Among other things it reminds me that in the midst of all my ‘hurriedness’ through life that there are organisms (trees, mountains, lakes, etc…) that have been around for hundreds and thousands of years before me and will continue to be there long after I’m gone. Hmmm… that should say something to me about the pace of my life.

One of my favorite moments was hiking (i.e. crawling, scraping, jumping) up the boulders beyond the alluvial fan, at the base of the lawn lake flood, pictured above. As a boy I had dreamed about what my family might be like and hiking up this area with them… it’s pretty amazing to live a dream out.

renovare,
Jonathan


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: