Monday, November 10, 2008

The Anvil

This is for a new acquaintance, Maggie (sp?) who I met yesterday at church. She was commenting on the 'Winners and Losers' from a couple weeks ago...

When will we remember that those who are “last are first”, that “unless something dies it cannot come to life” and that it’s okay to lose an argument? (When’s the last time you heard any preacher/politician admit to that?) Yes, it’s counter-intuitive and it feels like we are being hammered to death at times but Christianity is an anvil that has worn out many hammers!
from 'Branding Christianity' post.

(BTW - I've always felt like when you begin quoting yourself that it's a bad sign but the whole "anvil, hammer" thing wasn't actually original with me. I can't remember where I read it but it was hanging around in my brain and fit for the post. So, see, I'm kinda not quoting my self! Reminds me of something Rick Warren says, "The first time you use my material, credit me. The second time say, 'It's been said.' The third time say, 'You know, I've been thinking.'")

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: